Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Neighbor, Teacher, Coworker Gifts

This Christmas has really snuck up on me. I am no where close to getting my sewing projects done (more on that later), and I realized that I needed to get teacher gifts and coworker gifts done super fast. So I took to the internet to see what I could do that was quick with items I already had at home.
 
Then it hit me......... Sugar Scrubs!!!
 
 
As I searched the internet I found that most all of the recipes were basically the same.
 
Basic Sugar Scrub Recipe
3 Cups White Granulated Sugar
1 Cup + 2 TBL Olive Oil
10 Drops Essential Oil
 
4 7oz Containers with lids
Ribbon and Tags
 
*makes approximately 4 jars 
 
Mix ingredients in a glass bowl with a metal spoon. (Essential oils are likely to permeate a wooden spoon, or a plastic bowl.) Fill jars and seal with lids. Decorate with ribbons and tags.

 
I was so excited to have everything in house for this gift idea except the jars. So a super quick trip to a local big box store and I found these 7 oz Mason jars for about $1-$2 each. I used my Young Living Peppermint essential oil and oooohhhhhh it was divine!!!
 
I did add a few extra drops to each jar and mixed it in really well. The ladies at work loved it!!!
For more gift ideas go HERE and HERE.
 
 
Happy Holidays!!!!
CCG

No comments: