Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gilbert Historical Museum Part 2

So here is the last post on the Gilbert Historical Museum. I love all the vintage stuff they have at this museum. Is makes me so grateful to have all the modern conveniences that I have.



I loved this scout display. It gave me some great ideas on how I want to display my sweeties scout and cub scout stuff!!! I love to get inspiration!!!!

They had a cute display of vintage hankies. I loved the crochet butterfly. I don't know that I would have the patience to do this one!! But it sure is pretty to look at!


I love to see the old paper dolls. I wish I could find some for my little girl.

Believe it or not I have a sewing machine very similar to this one that I don't use any more but have on display on top of my planter shelf. It is a great ice breaker when new friends come to my home. They always ask how I got it up there, and I say, "A rope, lots of my sweet husbands muscle, and sore muscles later."

I love the old kids books. I would love to find some prints and make a cute vintage play room with them. Dream on! I don't even have the room for all my sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, embroidery, and all the other hobbies I have! Oh well a girl can dream!

No comments: