Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What We Had For Dinner Tonight

I was in the mood to try something new with chicken breasts so I looked through some of my recipes and found this one. It was soooo good! Even my kids liked it!
Next time I will not use chicken breasts, but will use chicken pieces as I think it will turn out more tender, but it was still soooo super good! The recipe calls for chopped ginger or crystallized ginger, I did not have any so I just added my powdered ginger and it worked just as well.
Here is the recipe:
Ginger Orange Chicken
3 to 4 pounds chicken parts
salt and pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
dash hot pepper sauce
1 orange, unpeeled, sliced
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet; brown chicken. Drain off excess oil. Combine barbecue sauce and flour; stirring until smooth. Add orange juice, brown sugar, ginger, and pepper sauce. Pour over the chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add orange slices and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is tender. Arrange chicken with orange slices on a serving platter; serve with hot boiled rice and a green vegetable. Pass the extra sauce.Ginger Orange Chicken serves 4.
Happy Eating!!!!

No comments: