Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day Idea

This year my family and I set some goals that we wanted to accomplish, both personally and as a family. One of the family goals that my sweet husband suggested is that we celebrate the holidays with more meaning this year. I really took this suggestion to heart and came up with a great idea for Valentine's Day. So, I know that we are all a little short on cash right now and this is how I came up with this idea, and IT'S FREE!
I decided to take the 12 Days of Christmas idea and turn it into the

14 Days of Valentine's Day!

I know what you are thinking, "how is this free"? Keep reading....... I sat down at my desk during nap time one day and thought about all of the things that I loved about my sweet husband. Not just the things he does or says but everything that I love about my him. Then I got some note cards out of my stash and cutied them up a little bit with some ribbon and wrote one for each day from February 1st through the 14th. I sealed them up in their envelopes and then put them in a place that I would remember to leave them for him each day.
Now of course being the fun loving person that I am, I decided that I would leave them in a different spot each morning before I left for work so that he would have to look for them. It was so much fun for me and he has really enjoyed it. It has made our morning kiss so much more meaningful!

1 comment:

Wendy Kay said...

Love your blog! Great Ideas! Kudos!